Introduction to Selenium IDE
Selenium IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is the simplest tool in the Testing tools. Selenium is a Firefox add-on that creates tests very quickly through its records. This feature is same as that of QTP. It is easy to learn and install, learn and to go ahead with the creation of test scripts. . Being a Firefox plug-in, Selenium IDE supports only Firefox, thus the created test scripts could execute only on Firefox. The Selenium tool Selenium stays on a record and playback fundamental and also allows editing of the recorded scripts.
Some of the feautures of selenium IDE Selenium:
- Menu Bar
- Selenium IDE Options dialog box
- Base URL Bar
What is Selenium IDE Selenium?
- An open-source tool for building automated test suites of web pages
- An extension to Firefox
- Named for the antidote for Mercury poisoning (Mercury Interactive created Win Runner)
Recommended First Steps for
- Learn how to create tests in Selenium IDE.
- Learn how to run Selenium IDE (SIDE) tests against different browsers/platforms using Selenium RC (Remote Control) server.
- Learn how to write Selenium tests in any one of the several supported languages using
Selenium RC drivers.
Executing the Test Suite
- Due to security concerns Core must be deployed within the same server as the application being hosted.
- The simplest way to run Pixory is to just run the Java application and let it use its own server.
- Problems using Core with Pixory
- Selenium IDE is a plug-in for Firefox and thus can go around these restrictions
Running the Test Suite
- We basically want to execute the test suite using the Selenium IDE plug-in TestRunner.html.
In this article we describe about the Selenium IDE introduction, Features and Learning Process.