QTP/UFT Course Content
Chapter 1: Introduction to Automation
- What is automation testing?
- Manual Testing Vs Automation Testing?
- Drawbacks of Manual Testing
- Advantage and disadvantage of automation testing
- Difference between Manual and automation testing
- Types of Testing can be done by automation Testing
- What test cases can be converted into automation?
- What test cases cannot convert into automation?
- Things to be done before automation testing
- Automation testing process
- Types of Automation Tools
Chapter 2: Introduction of QTP & Basic Concepts
- Introduction of QTP
- License in QTP
- Launching QTP in companies
- Add-In manager window
- Automation Testing Process of QTP
- Create and Execute Basic Scripts
- Recording Tests
- Running a Test
- Understand Recording Levels
- Standard Recording
- Analog Recording
- Low-Level Recording
- Use the Object Spy
- To view object properties
- To view Test object Methods
Chapter 3: Introduction Object Oriented Programming
- What is oops
- What are a class and method
- How QTP programming is designed based on oops.
- QTP test object classes
- QTP test object methods
Chapter 4: Descriptive Programming
- What is Descriptive Programming?
- When to use Descriptive programming?
- How to implement Descriptive programming?
- Creating Basic Scenario with Descriptive Programming
- Automating Test Scripts Using Descriptive Programming
Chapter 5: Object Repository
- What is Object Repository?
- Importance of Object Repository
- How to Define Test objects one by one?
- How to add objects to Object Repository (manual way and by recording)
- Object Repository operations (Add, Modify, Delete object and their properties)
- Types of Object Repository
- Local Repository
- Shared Object Repository
- Creating Local and Shared Object Repositories
- Difference between Local and Shared Object Repositories
Chapter 6: Object Identification
- What is object Identification?
- How an object repository is depending on object identification?
- What is Mandatory, Assistive properties?
- What is Smart identification?
- Configuring Object Identification
Chapter 7: Object Repository Manager
- What is object Repository Manager?
- How to add objects?
- How to create a shared object repository?
- How to modify a shared object repository?
- How to convert the shared repository to XML?
- How to merge repositories?
- How to compare two repositories?
Chapter 8: Introduction of VB Script
- About VBScript
- Constant variables
- If –else –If
- Nested If
- Select Case
- Looping Conditions
- For – Next
- Do – loop
- While –loop
- For Each loop
- Built-in methods
- Function Procedures
- Sub Function Procedures
- How to use with & Set statement
- Working with regular expressions
- What is a regular expression?
- Where we will use?
- Regular expression syntax
- Examples of regular expression
- Working with files
- Working with File System object
- Working with Excel files
- Working with word documents
- Working with database
- Working with internet explorer
- Working with outlook express
Chapter 9: Utility objects
- What is a utility object?
- QTP Utility objects
- Utility objects methods
Chapter 10: Checkpoints
- What is the checkpoint?
- Operational Overview of checkpoint
- Drawbacks of Checkpoint
- Types of Checkpoint
- Standard Checkpoint
- Text Checkpoint
- Text Area Checkpoint
- Bitmap checkpoint
- Database checkpoint
- Accessibility checkpoint
- XML Checkpoint from Application
- XML Checkpoint from Resource
Chapter 11: Output values
- What is the output values?
- Operational Overview of output values
- Types of output values
- Standard output values
- Text output values
- Text Area output values
- Database output values
- XML output values from Application
- XML output values from Resource
Chapter 12: Synchronization
- What is Synchronization?
- Implementing Synchronization
- By Wait function
- By Synchronization point
- By Change Default Run Time
- By VB Scripting
Chapter 13: QTP Other Menu Artifacts
- Virtual object configuration
- Transaction point
Inserting Start Transactions
Inserting End Transactions
Analyzing Transaction Results
- Step Generator
Chapter 14: Introduction to Web Application Testing
- Web application Object Classes
- Web application Methods and Properties
- Detailed Examples on Web Tables Methods
Chapter 15: Dynamic Descriptive Programming
- What is Descriptive Programming?
- When to use Descriptive programming
- How to implement Descriptive programming
- By using Description Object
- By using Description Strings
- Working with Child Objects
- VB scripting with related to Child Object
Chapter 16: Regular Expression
- What is Regular Expression?
- When to use SetToProperty and Regular Expressions?
- Implementing Regular Expression in Descriptive programming
- Examples of Regular Expressions
Chapter 17: Recovery Scenario Manager
- What is the Recovery Scenario Manager?
- When to use and when to not use Recovery scenario manager?
- Recovery Scenario Components
- Creating and Implementing Recovery Scenario Manager
- Error Handling
- On Error Resume Next statement
Chapter 18: Debugging the Scripts
- Inserting Break Points
- Debug Viewer Pane
- Step Into
- Step Over
- Step Out
- Debug From Step
- Run to step
Chapter 19: Batch Testing
- What is Batch Testing?
- Implementing Batch Testing
Chapter 20: Automation Framework
- What is Automation Framework
- Advantages of Automation Framework
- Types of Automation Framework
- Modular Driven Framework
- Data Driven Framework
- Hybrid driven framework
- Keyword driven framework
Chapter 21: Modular Driven Framework Using Actions
- What is the action?
- Create Tests with Multiple Actions
- Type of actions
- Non- reusable actions
- Re-usable actions
- External actions
- Existing Actions
- Copying actions
- Renaming actions
Chapter 22: Modular driven framework using Functions
- Creating a function library
- Function parameters
- What is ByVal parameter?
- What is ByRef Parameter?
- Using Library files
Chapter 23: Parameterization
- What is parameterization?
- Types of parameterization
- Data Table Parameterization
- Test/Action parameterization
- Environment Variable parameterization
- Random number parameterization
Chapter 24: Implementing parameterization by Data Tables
- Introduction of Data Table
- Types of Data Tables
- How to retrieve the test data from the data table?
- How to insert test results into the data table?
- Data Table methods
- VB Scripting by Data table
Chapter 25: Parameterization by Environment variables
- What is Environment Variable?
- Importance of Environment variable
- Types of Environment variables
- Built-In Environment variables
- User-defined Internal Environment variables
- User-defined External Environment variables
- Accessing Built-In Environment variables
- Creating internal and external Environment Variables
- Difference between external and internal Environment Variables
- VB scripting with respect to Environment Variables
Chapter 26: Action Parameters
- What is the action parameter
- How to configure action parameters
- Action parameters
- Input parameters
- Output parameters
Chapter 27: Random number parameters
- What is the random number parameter?
- How to create a random number parameter?
- Use random number parameter for drop downs & list box.
Chapter 28: Keyword Driven Framework
- What is a Keyword Driven Framework?
- Keyword Driven Framework Implementation
Chapter 29: Hybrid Driven Framework
- What is Hybrid Driven Framework?
- Hybrid Driven Framework Implementation
Chapter 30: Real-time Process
- Introduction About Framework
- What is the feasibility study
- Tool Selection criteria
- What is POC
- Hybrid framework creation
- Automate Test Cases
- Name Conventions
- Local Scope Variables
- Global Scope Variables
- Function / Actions
- Reusable Actions
- Function / Libraries
- Object Repository Files
- Commenting Code
- Formatting Code
- Using a Shared Object Repository
- Using Relative paths
- Using Global Variables
Module 5: Quality Center/ ALM
- Introduction of Quality Center
- The Quality Center Testing Process
- Starting Quality Center
- The Quality Center Window
- Specifying Testing Requirements
- Defining Requirements
- Viewing Requirements
- Modifying Requirements
- Converting Requirements
- Planning Tests
- Developing a Test Plan Tree
- Designing Test Steps
- Calling Tests With Parameters
- Creating and Viewing Requirements Coverage
- Generating Automation Test Scripts
- Running Tests
- Defining Tests
- Adding Test Sets
- Running Test Sets Manually & Automatically
- Adding and Tracking Defects
- How to Track the Defects?
- Adding New Defects
- Updating Defects
- Linking Defects to Tests
- Customizing Projects
- Reports from QC