Automation Testing with QTP/UFT
- Introduction to Automation
- Manual Testing Vs Automation Testing?
- Drawbacks of Manual Testing
- Advantage and disadvantage of automation testing
- Types of Testing can be done by automation Testing
- What test cases can be converted into automation?
- What test cases cannot convert into automation?
- Things to be done before automation testing
- Types of Automation Tools
Introduction of UFT & Basic Concepts
- Introduction of UFT
- License in UFT
- Launching UFT in companies
- Add In manager window
- Automation Testing Process of UFT
- Create and Execute Basic Scripts
- Recording Tests
- Running a Test
- Understand Recording Levels
- Standard Recording
- Analog Recording
- Low Level Recording
- Insight Recording
- Use the Object Spy
- To view object properties
- To view Test object Methods
Introduction Object Oriented Programming
- What is oops
- What is a class and method
- How UFT programming is designed based on oops.
- UFT test object classes
- UFT test object methods
- What is Descriptive Programming?
- When to use Descriptive programming?
- How to implement Descriptive programming?
- Creating Basic Scenario with Descriptive Programming
- Automating Test Scripts Using Descriptive Programming
- What is Object Repository?
- Importance of Object Repository
- How Define Test objects one by one?
- Ho w to add objects to Object Repository (manual way and by recording)
- Object Repository operations (Add, Modify, Delete object and their properties)
- Types of Object Repository
- Local Repository
- Shared Object Repository
- Creating Local and Shared Object Repositories
- Difference between Local and Shared Object Repositories
- What is object Identification?
- How object repository is depending on object identification?
- What is Mandatory, Assistive properties?
- What is Smart identification ?
- Configuring Object Identification
Object Repository Manager
- What is object Repository Manager?
- How add objects?
- How to create shared object repository?
- How modify shared object repository?
- How to convert shared repository to xml?
- How to merge repositories?
- How to compare two repositories?
Introduction of VB Script
- About VBScript
- Constant variables
- If –else –If
- Nested If
- Select Case
- Looping Conditions
- For – Next
- Do – loop
- While –loop
- For Each loop
- Built in methods
- Function Procedures
- Sub Function Procedures
- How to use with & Set statement
- Working with regular expressions
- What is regular expression?
- Where we will use?
- Regular expression syntax
- Examples on regular expression
- Working with files
- Working with File System object
- Working with Excel files
- Working with word documents
- Working with data base
- Working with internet explore
- Working with outlook express
UFT Test Object Methods
- What is utility object?
- UFT Utility objects
- Utility objects methods
- What is a check point?
- Operational Overview of checkpoint
- Drawbacks of Checkpoint
- Types of Check point
- Standard Check point
- Text Check point
- Text Area Check point
- Bitmap check point
- Database check point
- Accessibility check point
- XML Check point from Application
- XML Check point from Resource
- What is a output values?
- Operational Overview of output values
- Types of output values
- Standard output values
- Text output values
- Text Area output values
- Database output values
- XML output values from Application
- XML output values from Resource
- What is Synchronization?
- Implementing Synchronization
- By Wait function
- By Synchronization point
- By Change Default Run Time
- By VB Scripting
UFT Other Menu Artifacts
- Virtual object configuration
- Transaction point
- Step Generator
Introduction to Web Application Testing
- Introduction about WebProject
- Test case’s Identification for Automation
- Web application Object Classes
- Working with WebPage title
- Working with EditBox
- Working with Buttons,DropDwon,ListBox
- Working with RadioGroup and radio button
- Working with Alerts
- Working with Confirmation messages
- Working with WebTable
- Working with Dynamic web pages
Dynamic Descriptive Programming
- What is Descriptive Programming?
- When to use Descriptive programming
- How to implement Descriptive programming
- By using Description Object
- By using Description Strings
- Working with Child Objects
- VB scripting with related to Child Object
How to use Regular Expression in UFT
- What is Regular Expression?
- When to use SetToProperty and Regular Expressions?
- Implementing Regular Expression in Descriptive programming
- Examples of Regular Expressions
Recovery Scenario Manager
- What is Recovery Scenario Manager?
- When to use and when to not use Recovery scenario manager?
- Recovery Scenario Components
- Creating and Implementing Recovery Scenario Manager
- Error Handling
- On Error Resume Next statement
Debugging the Scripts
- Inserting Break Points
- Debug Viewer Pane
- Step Into
- Step Over
- Step Out
- Debug From Step
- Run to step
- What is Batch Testing?
- Implementing Batch Testing
Automation Object Model In UFT
- What is AOM?
- Why and when do we used AOM
- Launching UFT through VBScript
- Developing Startup Scripts
- Execute Test scripts Using AOM
- Close UFT
- Quit Object
- What is Automation Framework
- Advantages of Automation Framework
- Types of Automation Framework
- Modular Driven Framework
- Data Driven Framework
- Keyword driven framework
- Hybrid driven framework
Modular Driven Framework Using Actions
- What is an action?
- Create Tests with Multiple Actions
- Type of actions
- Non- reusable actions
- Re-usable actions
- External actions
- Existing actions
- Copying actions
- Renaming actions
Modular driven framework using Functions
- Creating function library
- Function parameters
- What is ByVal parameter?
- What is ByRef Parameter?
- Using Library files
- What is parameterization?
- Types of parameterization
- Data Table Parameterization
- Test/Action parameterization
- Environment Variable parameterization
- Random number parameterization
Data Table parameterization or DataDriven Framework
- Introduction of Data Table
- Types of Data Tables
- How to retrieve the test data from data table?
- How to insert test results into data table?
- Data Table methods
- VB Scripting by Data table
Test/ Action parameterization
- What is action parameter
- How to configure action parameters
- Action parameters
- Input parameters
- Output parameters
Environment variable parameterization
- What is Environment Variable?
- Importance of Environment variable
- Types of Environment variables
- Built-In Environment variables
- User defined Internal Environment variables
- User defined External Environment variables
- Accessing Built In Environment variables
- Creating internal and external Environment Variables
- Difference between external and internal Environment Variables
- VB scripting with respect to Environment Variables
Random number parameterization
- What is random number parameter?
- How to create random number parameter?
- Use random number parameter for drop downs & list box.
Keyword Driven Framework
- What is Keyword Driven Framework?
- Keyword Driven Framework Implementation
- DataTable preparation
- Keywords Identification
- Create Object Repository
- Create Libraries
- Create Environment variables
- Create Recovery Scenarios
- Implement Driver Script
- Implement Masters Script
- Schedule Execution
Hybrid Driven Framework
- What is Hybrid Driven Framework?
- Hybrid Driven Framework Implementation
Real time Process
- Introduction About Framework
- What is feasibility study
- Tool Selection criteria
- What is POC
- Hybrid frame work creation
- Automate Test Cases
- Name Conventions
- Local Scope Variables
- Global Scope Variables
- Function / Actions
- Reusable Actions
- Function / Libraries
- Object Repository Files
- Commenting Code
- Formatting Code
- Using Shared Object Repository
- Using Relative paths
- Using Global Variables
- CV Preparation Tips
- Interview Tips & Mock Interviews